Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Tabenings - Trimm Edition

Tuesday again, and I am taking time out of my busy schedule of rebuilding after the downfall of the Incubus King to fulfill my blogging duties! That's right, I'm playing The Last Sovereign again. My previous foray was back in July or so, so there's a bunch more content and my old save worked just fine.

I confess, I'm a bit of a min-maxer and since I hadn't really optimized from the very, very start, and TLS is a game where prior actions have huge and often unanticipated impact on later developments. For instance, TLS is an RPG Maker game where the enemies don't respawn, and therefore it's actually important to fight all the trash patrols to maximize your experience. Didn't know that for a while. So although I am doing very, very well in terms of positive outcomes, I'm not doing optimally, and that does bug me a bit.

Nonetheless, extremely fun game even with my anal retentive playstyle. Kudos to Sierra Lee for her writing!

Other than that the writing has been slow going, my lifestyle still lacks the open and unmonitored time periods I need for good smut writing. There are lots of upsides to being a parent but time for adult activities is not one of them.

But I did have a fun thought whilst on my way home today, which was instigated by hearing the classic L'Trimm song 'Cars that go Boom' on the radio. And let me just say: if you don't enjoy 'Cars that go Boom', well, I'm afraid I have no use for you. Because boom.

Like most people, I suspect, when I hear someone mention "L'Trimm", other than window-cracking bass I immediately think of slang terms for vagina. "Trim", right? Surely I'm not the only one who knows that usage. "That is a classy piece of trim?" No?

Anyway, in addition to turning up the speakers I got to thinking about my own usage of crotch-descriptive terms and figured I could make a blog post out of 'em. So here goes.


I will observe that this is all my own opinion, of course. This is very gut-level emotional-resonance stuff, and there are a number of other people's stories who make perfectly hot usage of terms which I may seem lightly disparaging of.

Pussy. This is the classic. I mean, it's pretty much my go-to descriptor. The baseline. The default. Which is interesting since it was originally clearly a cute-ish nickname, but I think long usage has turned it into the normatived noun.

Vagina, on the other hand, sounds... clinical. Well, not quite clinical, just... abstract. Intellectual. Removed from experience. "I want it in my vagina" is precisely the sort of thing that the over-educated stiff who winds up not reproducing at the start of Idiocracy would say. So in my smut it's pretty much 'pussy' except for the bits that are intended to be analytical.

Quim. That's a funny one. In my mind it's always written in a curly pink font with lots of swirls and hearts. A bit too "tee-hee" to be something I would use in my authorial voice, although there's certainly a place for it in the toolbox.

Bunny. Something that a bimbo would say, and in particular a bimbo from the 1970s. Not sure why one fuzzy animal term caught on and another remained a bit off-beat, but there it is. No one in my stories would ever say "Look how wet my bunny is" without a pout from bubble-gum pink lips and a t-shirt that was waaaay too tight over artificially round boobs.

Twat. Not a huge van of twat, although it has some uses. As a word it just has weird mouthfeel. It seems wetter, larger, fatter. The sound a frog makes when it lands. Nothing wrong with it, and I use it from time to time when the scene seems to fit, but... not my favorite.

Cunt. Ah, the hard stuff. Currently one of the heavier insults, which I think has bled over into the usage, making it harder, dirtier, more serious. Very useful for precisely that reason, although not a good place to start from. You have to work your way up to cunt. Also, there was a Poser-illustrated comic book by Briareos some years ago which had a sex-zombified woman hunting down another woman, who was hiding, and the sex-zombie was snarling "I can smell your cunt" and for some reason that's always stuck with me.

Trim. I have got to use trim more often. Although, to be honest, it is terribly out of usage and would require a setting I'm unlikely to actually use in my stories, such as a 1980s cocaine party. I really like trim, though, and I'll tell you why - it's actually my favorite style of pubic hair. I am super partial to that quarter of an inch electric razor cut. I like totally shaved, don't get me wrong. I like it a lot. And good pussy is good pussy. Not a huge fan of ungroomed but I don't roll it out of bed. But that short stuff which you can just rub your nose across, that short-skirt long-jacket no-panties look... rrr. Trim.

Fanny. I'm sorry, brits, but... no. Fanny is an cute colloquialism for butt. Little old grandmothers tell their giggling grandchildren that they must behave or they will have their fannies paddled, and it's an entirely innocent thing, and yes I know what you think it means and how twisted that makes it all seem but I'm an American and I just can't read it any other way. Fanny pack.

Right, I think that's enough for now. I could go on, obviously, I haven't mentioned 'slit' or 'box' or even gone near the uncountable amusing but rather contrived nicknames, but I've got three new kingdoms to get running and a harem to bang. And I like the harems. The harems that go bang.





6 comments:

  1. Its posts like this that prove that Tabico is the de facto ruler of the erotic genre. Props to you for mentioning L'Trimm, the name even sounds like a mind controlling race from your science fiction stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back in the day, I recall, Xaviera Hollander ("The Happy Hooker") championed "snapper" in the pages of Penthouse. I don't think it ever caught on.

    Cooch, bearded clam, tuna taco, and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who could forget "Cleft"?

    I've heard it since, but for years I only ever saw it used by one author, and damn if that hasn't stuck with me powerfully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've used most of these at one point or another. It's always a challenge to keep these fresh using different words, avoiding repeating yourself. A thesaurus is a smut writer's best friend.

    In other news, my novel appears to have reached somewhere in the vicinity of 133,135 words, and I'm about half way through the final confrontation. Still need to write an epilogue, too.

    Regrettably, progress has been slowing as I reach the end, and I am personally dreading the sheer amount of editing that this thing will require after I finish.

    So I will set no schedules, only I will promise that I will finish this. Eventually.

    Fortunately, although progress is slow, it IS steady, and I do foresee the first draft possibly being completed in the next few months, unless circumstances change again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trim is a word I can only picture coming out of Patrick Bateman's mouth.

    Maybe you've already heard through the secret MC Cabal I know all you authors are a part of, but Thrall has resurfaced!

    ReplyDelete