Monday, May 2, 2016

CORE #10 update

Just sent Uzobono three of the "interstitial" chapters for CORE #10. That brings the issue up to about 60% written; hopefully I can push 80% by the end of the week. We're aiming for a June release at this point, which means I need to have the script completed for rendering within two weeks. She's rendering as she gets it - so the first three parts have been rendered already - but that's about the turnaround time between the last part, the final text edit (in which I edit the initial text to best match the actual art), and the captioning and lettering.

I tell you what, I have never seen anyone render such high quality art in such a short amount of time as Uzobono. I worry that I am preventing her from achieving some great thing - curing cancer or writing the Great American Novel - by consuming so much of her time and energy with delicious smut. Then, of course, I reflect on how much of my time I spend on smut, and, well, that's enough introspection for this evening.

And I'll observe again how motivating it is to have someone for whom you have to produce. Who was it who said that deadlines are wonderful for concentrating the mind...? Oh, great, it's a quote from Star Trek (TNG). I thought I was being all literate, but instead I am simply a huge nerd. Unsurprising. Anyway, the need to fulfill commitments is a useful goad for slackers such as myself, and is proving so yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment