Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Tabenings - Shuffling Towards

CORE #11 continues to approach - I'm 2/3 finished with the final script edit, and Uzo has already done the first third or so of the postwork, so I'd say we're definitely looking at next week.

At this point I am as usual having the second thoughts. It's awfully wordy, lots of talking without action, maybe it's too boring, and is the resolution too pat? Am I drawing things out too much? I dunno, maybe people won't like it, why do I even bother.

You know, that sort of thing. The collective recoil from CORE #10 didn't help, mind you.

Anyway, it would be cruel... deliciously cruel... to keep it from you at this point. Being so very nearly finished. So close. But not... quite... available... yet. Could still change our minds.

:I

3 comments:

  1. Well most of the Core #10 reaction came from misunderstandings about whether it was the end of the series, so I'm sure things won't be like that this time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For what it's worth, I agree with the commenter just below - the blowback on Core #10 stemmed from a lot of folks thinking the story was over and not understanding the 'ending' which wasn't actually an ending anyway. I'd even suggest that's a good thing - better that people care about the characters than just shrug and move on, so you two must be doing something right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the above. I didn't complain, because no matter what I love that you provide us with great prose, but Core #10 seemed to be a "Series Finale" from the promos.

    Which makes us all the more excited for #11 because the story is extremely engaging and I think your readers connect with so many of the characters and the events, for good or bad, that they endure.

    ReplyDelete