Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Tuesday Tabenings

Yes, yes, I need a better name for this column. ANYWAY, I figure I might as well have a least one anchor activity for the blog, so I shall endeavor to talk about what I am up to, smut-wise, at least every Tuesday. Probably a lot more often, at first, and then tapering down to only on Tuesdays as the novelty wears off. You know, as these things go.

SO, this week... well, I'm trying to wrap up 'Pierced', and doing a really crappy job of it. I am really struggling with where I want to end up. I've done the MC happy ending in 'Lens', and 'Pierced' is already an awful lot like 'Lens', so I don't want to go there, but... but I'm me and I like my Tabiconic happy endings.

(For those who have never communicated with me before, a Tabiconic Happy Ending is one where everyone winds up happy, frequently because they have been mind controlled and/or transformed into being happy. So the characters as they were at the start of the story would not consider what ultimately happens to be a happy ending, but the characters as they are at the end of the story think it's just peachy.)

So I'm really wrestling with the ending. I read a good observation recently, let's see if I can dig it up...ah, here it is. From Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of what are probably Nintendo's most acclaimed games: "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." The same holds true for stories; I don't want to write something just to be done and then regret it at leisure.

On the other hand, if I leave it too long, I may never finish it, and I honestly do hate doing that, too. (And I also mean it when I say that I will one day release the final chapter for both 'Seed' and 'Compromise' - in both cases, I know what's going to happen and what it should say, and my problem is instead that it's good storytelling but not particularly erotic, and without any erotic punch I don't feel like I am delivering something to my audience. But I will finish them, dammit, I will.)

Anyway, 'Pierced' is definitely on the current docket, but progress is halting.

In OTHER news, however, some will be excited to see that this is on the way:


I've sent off four of ten scenes to Uzobono, and should have little problem with the rest, so I'd expect to see it late May (?) sometime. Maybe June. Though there may be vacations/visitors who get in the way.

And I have to observe yet again, it is so awesome as an author to be working with someone who can create such fantastic, really top-notch imagery based on my fevered scribblings. I write, I send it off, and then Wow Zowy look at the beautiful pictures Holy Shit Wow! Which is probably why there are already 9 episodes of CORE, representing a good chunk of writing; the process is inherently rewarding to me in a way that other forms of smut/action writing are not.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering where 'Pierced' had gotten to, as I have been following it closely, and this makes sense.

    I've never been a fan of unhappy endings per se. Yeah, it's silly, but I like my 'evil' to be Saturday Morning Cartoon Evil. They have 'evil' plans, but they're not...that evil. They want to take over the world - so they can force everyone to have wild dance parties! They want to drone people...so that everyone can go out of their minds with infinite bliss!

    So...I have to say that I heartily enjoy and salute your Tabiconic Happy Endings - I find myself doing the same when I'm working on my writing. Sure, it can make writing somewhat predictable, but there's something to be said for writing what you want to have happen - if you didn't enjoy writing the ending, what's the point? Getting great story twists into the story is more important, in my opinion, and you do a great job with that.

    I hope you can find what you're looking for to finish your other stories too - I've always been a bit bummed that they just...stopped!

    The CORE series is seriously a stunner (on both yours and Uzobono's part). I can't say enough good things about it...although it moves so agonizingly slowly! Not that that's a bad thing. :D

    ReplyDelete