Friday, May 20, 2016

Prepare Your Body

Okay, just emailed Simon with chapter six part three. If you liked chapter two and all the sweaty poolside alien fucking, this installment will probably float your boat.

That's the good news. Bad news is that the final part is, at present, precisely 1k in size, i.e. I haven't even started it. (The disclaimer is 1k.) So unless this coming week turns out to be unusually productive, the final installment may not be ready for next week. I have gotten most of CORE 10 drafted and sent over to Uzobono; I sent her more last night, leaving only a single (albeit long) scene left to write, so I shouldn't have to split focus.

But, in truth, I actually work *better* when I multi-task. If I have only one story I am working on, and I sit down to write, and am un-motivated, then I will do something else. (Video games.) If I have multiple stories and I sit down to write, and one of them doesn't appeal in the moment, the chances are actually good that the other one will. Somehow procrastinating from writing one story by writing another actually works for me. Works really well, in fact.

So I'll try to wrap up Pierced for the Memorial Day weekend. But at the moment that's a tall order, so no promises.

3 comments:

  1. We've learned to wait patiently for your goodness. :)
    And if this chapter is back to the proper squicky hot, it should keep us entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did enjoy it very much indeed, and look forward to future shenanigans!

    It's looking grim for our heroines, with only two left in their right minds and the other two hypnotized by the brood to let out the progenitor queen! Will they concoct a special plan to escape their eventual Tabonical fate? (Hopefully not)

    One does wonder what will happen when the queen is released. Will she overpower the brood and take control- causing unintended mayhem? Or will the brood's plan finally be complete? What further abilities might the queen grant? And what is the brood's plan after their planet takeover is completed?

    Will the general's daughter who escaped much earlier in the series bring help of some kind? Or was she caught by the infested brood ships in orbit? Was this plan put into play by the empire originally, or did the brood independently break free?

    Too many delicious questions and not yet enough answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The most effective way of defeating procrastination has always been multi-tasking. Procrastination comes from a mixture of boredom in the face of a challenge you've overcome before (i.e. as far as your mind is concerned you've already done this job, it's too familiar and easy), plus a sense that you'll feel worse rather than better when the task is completed since without it they'll be nothing to motivate you at all. Having two things to do is a great solution and let's you play the tasks off against each other so you get at least one of them done, if not both.

    ReplyDelete