Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Tuesday night again! Nattering time.

Hmm. Nothing really suggesting itself. I want to discuss my opinion of Patreon and its effect on the mind control smut ecosystem, but that's going to take more brainpower than I can currently muster. Iago sent a very nice - and detailed, holy cow - note about CORE #11 and in my response I wondered if he might give me an assist with 'That Which Has Been Lost', which he then offered to do, so now I kinda need to take him up on that don't I? Argh, where to find the time.

What I ought to do is set up a writing habit - not just this stream of consciousness blog posting, fun as it may be, but something like the original 'Tabico's Tuesday Tidbit' where I actually do some writing, just to get something down. Hrm. Not happening tonight, but maybe on Thursday... that would be alliterative...

Of course that does raise the quality control problem. Before I publish to the EMCSA I always edit my work at least a couple of times, and my edits are often fairly transformative. Whereas this sort of thing would be purely first-draft rough stuff, and if I did that with a story I want to actually publish, well, you dear reader would have your experience altered by seeing it first here, with all the warts and false starts, and then who wants to read it over again if it's just polished a little?

Then again, if I never write it at all, it doesn't do a whole lot of good that it didn't show up ugly to begin with. So maybe we'll try that. Lemme see what's in my bag.

7 comments:

  1. I'd read the patreon post!

    And I'm down with shorts :) Or, hell, "I wrote 1000 words this week", sight unseen, as long as you're willing to commit to it and eventually produce something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering I read many of your stories (way) more than twice, without any polish to incite me to do so... who wouldn't read your rough stuff once it's edited, really?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fascinating to watch work change and transform in editing sometimes. Fun examples for one of my projects you liked- Slugs and Bugs:

    Originally it was called Squick Saga. There was only going to be three chapters. The Slugs and Spiders were at war! And, there were no Minders or Overmaster. The main character was going to be a man! Look how much that changed! Mwa ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you seen this comic on e-hentai?

    https://e-hentai.org/g/1070051/d815173b81/

    It is about alien parasite mind control
    in Chinese but you can make your own text in it to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yummy! Do Chinese language doujinshi have a higher or lower chance of being translated into English?

      Delete
    2. It is lower because there is not much demand for Chinese work than Japanese but this one was not online for many years.

      Maybe a translator will come through and work on it since it is very good.

      Delete
  5. I for one will not at all protest at being able to see the sausage made (as it were).

    ReplyDelete