Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Tabenings: Tylmarande Edition

Not a lot going on smut-wise this week, I spent much of the weekend working on someone's costume for Halloween. No, not mine, I have plenty already in my closet.

Fun discussion from last week on video games and their possible mind control / corruption themes. I am as it turns out a big fan of Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, and have re-installed it (and applied the fan patch) a couple of different times. I can rarely bring myself to fight through the interminable Hollywood sewer, but I do love me that Heather, rrr. There's a mod I apply to her, 'nigh-naked Heather', and... well. Rrr Heather. Also a fun game aside from that, I've rarely seen its equal in sheer atmospherics.

I also did Star Wars the Old Republic for six months or so when it came out - some fun corruption there, including as mentioned the girl who joins the sentient bugs (Tabico? Enjoying girls turned into bugs? Who would have thunk?) I understand that there has since been an update or two which allow for same-gender romance (at least, of a specific NPC) but thus far that hasn't been enough to lure me back in. I did enjoy several of the different class story arcs, though, at least one of which (Imperial Agent) played with mind control liberally.

And I do recall that set of Silithus quests! Mmm Cthulhoid Bug Overlords.

Now one instance of video game corruption that hasn't come up, but was exceedingly powerful to me - and those who recognized the name in the title are nodding their heads - was from Neverwinter Nights, the isometric Dungeons & Dragons based game from 2002. Aribeth de Tylmarande, smexy elven paladin, is seduced and corrupted into a Chaotic Evil blackguard during the main story quest.

At this remove, a lot of that storyline was pretty forced, and the seduction was sadly not all that seductive, more "look at how badly they treated you - why not join team CE?", but at the time good damn did it push my buttons. I loaded and replayed and loaded and replayed the scene where she gives in and converts to evil oh so many times.

And then in the Hordes of the Underdark follow-up campaign, you can find her wicked spirit in the underworld and get her to sign up with your party, either by returning to the light side (*roll eyes*) or remaining as a wicked, wicked, naughty girl (*rrrr*).

Heh. I'm tempted to go play it again right now just for that, and I don't even own the game any more.








4 comments:

  1. Mass Effect 2 has an outright erotic mind control scene which I'm sure you are aware of (or if not you should play Mass Effect 2). Although it doesn't end happily if you succumb.

    -Vanderbilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure that was why Capture happened. Also, hello Tabico! Longtime fan, first time commenter! I know you like feedback, but I'm not sure that I have much specific to say that doesn't just sound like "Omigerd, your stories are AWESOME! "

    -Zara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vampire Bloodlines. One of the greatest games ever made. The voices, music, story, characters- a shame there is not more. Though, I have meant to play "FInal Nights" eventually. Maybe once I finish all these projects, I shall play as a vacation! Oh, and a Happy Halloween, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, Neverwinter Nights, and the Shadows of Undrentide expansion. Both great games for the time, though I vaguely recall the corruption/MC content was modest at best.

    That brings to mind the original Dragon Age that had some great scenes with the Desire Demon, but they failed to explore all the ramifications around what it would mean to make a deal with one. They kept hinting at what could be possible, but never actually put in a story arc around it.

    Dragon Age 2 ramped it up by allowing you to make a deal with a sloth demon, but the desire demons were almost nonexistent.

    Then, in Dragon Age: Inquisition, they replaced female desire demon with a practically mindless male desire demon, and there was no possible corruption story line at all. Yet another reason why I despise the game.

    I have noticed that Obsidian, the makers of 'Pillars of Eternity,' are soon to release a game called 'Tyranny' that could have potential for some interesting corruption mechanics, though of course none of that is guaranteed (and, as with most mainstream games, it's probably also going to be milquetoast). I think that's releasing fairly soon:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyranny_(video_game)

    Also, last week's journey down the rabbit hole at chyoa.com did yield some rather delicious story lines:

    https://chyoa.com/story/A-Fantasy-Dynasty.8418

    Choose King Bryce, then proceed to choose a 'Rogue Countess' and make a pact with her when the opportunity presents itself. It gets rather good when your harem starts to expand. :)

    https://chyoa.com/story/Along-Came-a-Drider.6071

    Seems to be a pretty good story with some oviposition down various story lines...

    https://chyoa.com/story/An-Alien-Attachment.6532

    This one is pretty delicious from beginning to end. An alien parasite replacing your tongue in one story line? Yes please! (But only in weird fantasies, please!)

    Finally, Uzobono has released her latest story (if you haven't yet seen it!) It is absolutely stellar, and I highly recommend it:

    http://uzobono.deviantart.com/art/The-Synthetic-Evolution-Full-Comic-642670957

    ReplyDelete